Hair powder is a fantastic product for adding instant volume and texture to your hair. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use hair powder for maximum volume.
Table of Contents
Choose the Right Hair Powder
There are various types of hair powders available, such as volumizing powders, texturizing powders, and dry shampoos. Select a powder that specifically aims to add volume and texture to your hair.
Start with Dry Hair
Hair powder is most effective when applied to dry hair. Make sure your hair is clean and dry before using the powder.
Shake the Powder
Give the hair powder container a good shake to ensure the product is well-distributed within the packaging.
Section Your Hair
Divide your hair into sections. This will help you apply the powder more evenly and precisely. Use hair clips or hair ties to keep the sections separated.
Lift the Hair
Take one section of hair at a time and lift it slightly away from your scalp. This will create space for the powder to be applied at the roots.
Apply the Powder
Hold the hair powder container a few inches away from the lifted section of hair. Tap or sprinkle the powder directly onto the roots of that section. Start with a small amount and gradually increase if needed. Remember, a little goes a long way.
Massage and Distribute
Gently massage the powder into your roots using your fingertips. This will distribute the product evenly and help it blend with your natural hair oils.
Move on to the next section of hair and repeat steps 5 to 7. Continue until you have applied the powder to all desired areas.
Style and Volumize
Once you have applied the powder to all sections, use your fingers or a comb to style your hair as desired. You can tease the hair at the roots for additional volume or create soft, tousled waves for added texture.
Set the Style
If needed, finish off with a light-hold hairspray to set the volume and ensure the powder stays in place throughout the day.
Hair powder is a versatile product that can be used on various hair lengths and types. Experiment with the amount of powder you use and the techniques that work best for your hair to achieve your desired level of volume and texture. Enjoy your voluminous and textured hair!
Hair Volume Powders
There are several hair volume powders available on the market that can help you achieve added lift and fullness. Here are some popular hair volume powders:
- Batiste Volumizing Powder: Batiste is a well-known brand that offers a range of dry shampoos, including a volumizing powder. Their powder adds instant volume and texture to the hair, providing a matte finish.
- Bumble and Bumble Prêt-à-Powder: This versatile powder not only adds volume but also acts as a dry shampoo and texturizer. It absorbs excess oil, refreshes the hair, and creates long-lasting volume and texture.
- Big Sexy Hair Powder Play: Big Sexy Hair’s Powder Play is a lightweight powder that instantly lifts the hair, creating volume and texture. It adds grip and holds for styling, making it suitable for both fine and thick hair.
- L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Super Dust: L’Oréal’s Super Dust is a volumizing and texturizing powder that provides root lift and adds body to the hair. It gives a natural-looking matte finish and helps create a long-lasting voluminous style.
- Schwarzkopf OSiS+ Dust It Mattifying Powder: This powder offers a mattifying effect while adding volume and texture to the hair. It provides a strong hold and works well for creating voluminous updos and textured hairstyles.
- Kevin Murphy Powder Puff: Kevin Murphy’s Powder Puff is a volumizing powder specifically designed to add instant volume and texture. It absorbs excess oil and delivers a weightless, natural-looking finish.
- SexyHair Big Powder Play: This volumizing and texturizing powder is perfect for creating big, voluminous styles. It adds lift and grip to the hair, making it easier to style and hold.
- Redken Powder Grip 03: Redken’s Powder Grip is a texturizing and volumizing powder that helps create root lift and adds body to the hair. It provides a matte finish and offers a lightweight, flexible hold.
Remember, it’s important to follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer for each specific product. Start with a small amount of powder, and gradually add more as needed to avoid overapplication. Enjoy experimenting with different hair volume powders to find the one that works best for your hair type and desired style.
Samantha is a hairstylist with over 12 years of color and stylist experience. She enjoys using her knowledge to create what her clients really want when they sit down in her chair. Her passion is creating unique looks that her clients feel great in.